Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Life as we know it...

I've been meaning to post sooner but week one has proved to be very busy with registration, orientation and lectures starting full on. We have just been trying to get our footing.

We are still settling in to the base and we have had some great opportunities to get to know this "family" we are living with.. and although overwhelming at times to be tossed in the middle of 400 people its been so amazing and we are so blessed to be part of this larger community that truly is like a family! Yesterday was registration day and in the afternoon and evening we had some time to play games, relax and eat dinner together in a nearby park by the swan river. It was a lot of fun! I forgot my camera so I cannot post any pictures :(

There are 14 students in my class including myself. They hail from Australia, US, Switzerland, Canada, and Romania. It has been great to start to hear their stories and how all of them came to be here like myself.  Today we had lectures on the need for midwives in the nations and the character of God; both amazing topics. It really blessed me a lot because in the process of moving here and all the changes that have taken place it was so great to hear and be like YES! this is why I am here! It was a very affirming time for me this morning.

We have been drinking so much tea!! I think its because it is pretty chilly here (especially at night).. mostly this is because the lack of central heat and lack of windows in a lot of the classrooms. The direct sunlight is the only thing heating anything up so I find myself drinking cup after cup to warm up! I need to get it under control and also find another hot drink! :)

Here are some pictures of us enjoying Perth outdoors! It's been high of upper 60's almost daily but then drops to like 48 at night.



bike trail that leads to the Swan river that we have been jogging on.. the trail is literally steps away from where we live, takes about 7-10 minutes to get to the river and then runs along it for miles

Perth skyline







Happy 4th of July to our Family and Friends!! We miss and love you!

2 comments:

  1. Happy 4th to you guys too!!! I remmeber it being extra hard being away from home on American holidays. I made a comment on your last post but don't see it now...I think I know what happened, testing on this one. :) So proud of you and all that you are doing. God is going to do AMAZING things in your lives. Cannot wait to follow this journey! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, just as I thought, I had failed to enter the security code thing (that makes sure I'm not a robot or whatever). :) Keep the posts coming, we love reading them and you'll love having everything documented. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete