Thursday, March 1, 2012

is something missing mom?

This morning Abbs noticed the large coffee table missing.. she looked at me with glee and said "mom, did you sell it already?" I replied "yes" she starts dancing and squeals "Yes! more room to dance!"

I am humbled by my daughters ability to release things as though they are just things. Mind you this has come after a few tears and lots of preparation "talks" lots of telling her that things are just things and as long as we are together we are safe and ok.

But its amazing how we walk through life and store up for ourselves a "life" here. I have said many a times that my things are just things and that I could get rid of them.. and its true.. with little problem I have let go of items in my house (there are those few irreplaceable things that will be stored somewhere) but if I am honest I would have to admit that its a little unsettling dismantling the life B and I have set up for our family. Its not the things in our lives per say.. but what they represent. Security. not having to worry about where we will lay our heads, whether our kids will have a place and things to call their own.

I am thankful to God for His provision in our lives and thankful that no matter where we go the "important" things will be taken care of. "I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread." Psalm 37:25

I am also thankful for this opportunity to check my heart and truly realize that my security doesn't come from the things I own or what I can provide for my children.. but in our faith in father God.

"For great is his steadfast love toward us, and the faithfulness of the LORD endures forever. Praise the LORD!" Psalm 117:2

1 comment:

  1. when i think about you guys and what you're currently going through, the passage that always comes to mind is matt 6:25-34
    <3

    ReplyDelete