Monday, September 23, 2013

Presenting Lily Joy Wilkens!

So the long awaited post for the LONG awaited blessing! Lily Joy Wilkens finally decided to join us at 42 weeks weighing 7lbs 14oz and 21inches.  She was born Sept 1st at 415pm and just in the knick of time I might add! The morning of the day she was born I was due to have a C-section because they were not letting me go any later. That morning they decided I was dilated enough to be considered in labor.

Everyone was pretty convinced she was a boy.. But she surprised us all! We are totally in love with our sweet little girl!

I felt God told me about 3 years ago that he was going to bless us with a baby and that her name would be Lily.  When we were thinking of baby names we were considering another girl name. I was reminded of what I felt God told me 3 years ago. Lily wasn't on the top of my list but Praying about her name God reminded me that she was not only a gift to us, but a reminder of how he cares and provides us. That she was our reminder of how God cares for the Lilies and so how much more he cares and provides for us. 

Matthew 6 :25-30 “That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn’t life more than food, and your body more than clothing? 26Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are? 27Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?28“And why worry about your clothing? Look at the lilies of the field and how they grow. They don’t work or make their clothing, 29yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are. 30And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith?
So with great joy we welcomed Lily Joy into our lives!




she fit into one of Abigail's matching doll dresses :)

exhausted with all the excitement!






We moved to Michigan just 4 days after Lily was born and so explains the tardiness of this post. I will be posting soon about what we are up to now.  
blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment